Well it's about that time of the year, the time when you look back at the year that was… and what a year 2010 has been.
Last year I said that 2009 was my biggest year professionally, but in reality 2010 trumped it well and truly.
2010, the year of the conference
In 2010 I set a new goal for myself and that was to become more of a figure in the Australian development community, and I started this off with a dive into the conference circuit.
- Kicked off with DDD Melbourne where I presented a Beginning Umbraco session
- I then headed back to Melbourne for Remix (which I just attended :P)
- Flew to Denmark for CodeGarden 10 to speak about unit testing
- Returned to Sydney to help organize (and speak at) the first DDD Sydney conference
- Spoke about Umbraco in the CMS Smackdown for SBTUG
- Won Amped and went to Tokyo for Web Directions East
- Spoke about open source content management at CodeCamp OZ
- Talked about Open Conference Protocol at the Sydney Architecture User Group
Phew, busy conference set, wonder if I can top that next year :P.
Another year, another job
Last year I was excited about taking a new job with TheFARM Digital and getting to work with Shannon so we could really go crazy with Umbraco development. Well there was some sadness when I announced that I was to be leaving TheFARM to join Readify.
Open Source work
I spent a lot of time this year working on Open Source projects. Obviously Umbraco has featured highly in this area, with version 5 underway (and helping with the team migrate to Mercurial) a lot of my time was devoted there.
But I've also worked on a few other smaller projects:
- A blogging engine targeted at real developers
- LINQ to Umbraco Extensions
- I'll update this soon :P
- Dynamic extensions
- Open Conference Protocol
Nice little list I think ;)
Well that pretty much concludes my 2010 wrap up, in 2011 be sure to look out for me at MIX 11, DDD Sydney and CodeGarden 11 :D